The West Vancouver Museum fosters awareness and understanding of art, architecture, cultural history and design through its collections, publications, and dynamic exhibitions and educational programs. The Museum highlights important creators, innovators and significant events that shape our community, region and country and creates opportunities for audiences of all ages to learn about and be inspired by the world around them.
The West Vancouver Museum is operated by the District of West Vancouver through the office of Parks, Culture & Community Services, and staffed by Darrin Morrison, Administrator/Curator and Isaac Vanderhorst, Education Coordinator.
Staff are assisted by the Museum Advisory Committee (MAC), a group of dedicated volunteers whose role is to support the Museum by advising on all decisions related to its operations, including strategic planning, policy development and delivery of services.
With their wide expertise in the fields of art, architecture, design, curatorship, education, and communications, MAC members also contribute to the dynamic nature of the Museum by forming new creative partnerships and collaborations, finding new funding opportunities and acting as advocates for arts and culture in West Vancouver and beyond.
Museum Advisory Committee
- Dr. Fiorenza Albert-Howard, Engineer
- Karen Benbassat Ali, Arts Professional
- Babak Golkar, Artist
- Harry Greenwood, Community Member
- Bo Helliwell, Architect
- Desiree LaCas, (Co-Chair) Designer/Intern Architect
- Nick Milkovich, Architect
- Fanny Patterson, (Co-Chair) Community Member
- Massoume Price, Community Member
- Christine Cassidy, Councillor, District of West Vancouver
- Doti Niedermayer, Senior Manager, Cultural Services, District of West Vancouver
- Darrin Morrison, Museum Administrator/Curator
- Rebecca Buchanan
- Karen Duffek
- Barbara Kaiser
- Jennifer Webb
Darrin Morrison, Museum Administrator/Curator
Isaac Vanderhorst, Education Coordinator