The West Vancouver Museum fosters awareness and understanding of art, architecture, cultural history and design through its collections, publications, and dynamic exhibitions and educational programs. The Museum highlights important creators, innovators and significant events that shape our community, region and country and creates opportunities for audiences of all ages to learn about and be inspired by the world around them.
The West Vancouver Museum is operated by the District of West Vancouver through the office of Parks, Culture & Community Services, and staffed by Darrin Morrison, Administrator/Curator; Kiriko Watanabe, Assistant Curator; and Isaac Vanderhorst, Education Coordinator.
Staff are assisted by the Museum Advisory Committee (MAC), a group of dedicated volunteers whose role is to support the Museum by advising on all decisions related to its operations, including strategic planning, policy development and delivery of services.
With their wide expertise in the fields of art, architecture, design, curatorship, education, and communications, MAC members also contribute to the dynamic nature of the Museum by forming new creative partnerships and collaborations, finding new funding opportunities and acting as advocates for arts and culture in West Vancouver and beyond.
Museum Advisory Committee
- Karen Benbassat Ali, Arts Professional
- Rebecca Buchanan (Chair), Lawyer
- Christine Cassidy, Councillor, District of West Vancouver
- Karen Duffek, Curator, Contemporary Visual Arts & Pacific Northwest, UBC Museum of Anthropology
- Babak Golkar, Artist
- Desiree LaCas, Designer
- Nick Milkovich, Architect
- Doti Niedermayer, Senior Manager, Cultural Services, District of West Vancouver
- Fanny Patterson, Community Member
- Jennifer Webb, Communications Consultant
Darrin Morrison, Museum Administrator/Curator
Kiriko Watanabe, Assistant Curator
Isaac Vanderhorst, Education Coordinator